My name is Lily. My boyfriend is alcoholic. His name is Max.
I am not trying to paint a bad picture of my life. I love my life, I love Max and Max loves me. Simple! What I am trying to do is give a glimpse, and get an answer to the question “Who am I?” (You should be familiar with that one, yourself).
Drinking is only a part of Max, and Max is only a part of me. It just happens that both have a lot of impact. What do I mean?
1. Max does not turn up for work
2. Max not turn up at home
3. Lily does not eat or sleep
4. Max phones to say "meet me from the bus, I’m on my way" then is not there
5. Max has aggressive hangovers
6. Lily shouts when she doesn’t want to
7. Max feels hatred towards himself
8. Promises are made that can’t be kept, even though they’re meant
But this is not Max, and it’s certainly not Max everyday.
Max does not yet have a surname. He needs a name. Maybe this will help him. Maybe you can help him? Or do you need to know more?